November is an interesting month. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and time with family and friends, and many of us are already in Christmas mode ~ like ME! In November we begin pondering over things we are thankful for, and boy, this year has been a hard one for thankfulness!
Not everyone is naturally born a grateful person. Gratefulness is absolutely a choice that we have to make each and every day ~ no matter what our circumstances may be. Most of you know that my life has not been easy, but I am so thankful for parents who raised me with Christian values, brothers and sisters who are close and love each other, holidays spent over Monopoly wars or the highly anticipated annual RISK game, where the competition was fierce and could last for a couple of days! I am also extremely thankful now to be married to a husband who does everything for me without me having to ask. What a blessing.
Look at your life and imagine all the things you might be thankful for. I recommend writing them down on a piece of paper and keeping this list within your sight each day. Here are a few things to get you started on your list:
- Woke up to sunshine and the birds singing
- Heard the gentle spattering of rain coming from the sky, and when I went outside, I saw a rainbow
- Last night there was snow, and now it is glistening and glittering in the sunlight
- A job, especially during such a challenging time
- A place to live and call home
- A car, or a bike to aid in transportation
- Friends who will always have my back
- A family who loves me and cares for me
- A great book you started reading
- Eclectic music to get me through every mood
- An active and supportive Church
- An almighty God, always waiting for me with open arms
Think about everything you are thankful for, and let this feeling carry you throughout the day. It will absolutely change your mindset and the outcome of your day.
This month, especially, let thankfulness beam from you like a ray of hope for others to see. Be the light others have been looking for, and let the love of God radiate in all you do. Think about everything you are thankful for, and let this feeling carry you throughout the day. It will absolutely change your mindset and the outcome of your day. Have a wonderful month!